Craft beer has gained popularity in recent times as people embrace more hip and cultured lifestyles. In fact, as a testament to just how big craft beer is, several companies have participated in the U.S Open Beer Championship that awards the best craft beers. In 2017, several Canadian craft beer breweries took home prizes, letting the world know that Canada is adept at brewing craft beers. Here is a list of some of the most favored Canadian craft beers. Learn more about Eli Gershkovitch at Crunchbase.
- Propeller India Pale Ale from Propeller Brewing Company that has a caramel flavor.
- Pump House Blueberry Ale from Pump House Brewery that, as the name suggests, has a blueberry flavor.
- St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout from McAuslan Brewery.
- La Fin Du Monde from Unibroue that has a fruity flavor.
- Party Animal from Beyond the Pale that also has a fruity flavor.
- Red Racer India Pale Ale from Central City Brewers.
- Flagship India Pale Ale from Steamworks Craft Breweries.
Eli Gershkovitch of Steamworks Craft Breweries
Eli Gershkovitch served as a lawyer. He got his law degree from the University of Toronto Law School. After graduating when he was working on liquor licenses for some of his clients, Eli decided to start his brewery. His interest in craft beer had been piqued earlier on while touring in Europe when he first encountered craft beer. Follow Eli Gershkovitch’s profile on twitter.com.
Armed with the knowledge necessary to acquire a liquor license, Eli proceeded to get a license to open a brewery in the residential area of Gastown, Vancouver. His lawyer skills proved invaluable when patenting his brews. This was back in 1995.
Steamworks has since grown from a single pub to a full-scale brewery. This is due to the innovative spirit of the brewery’s CEO, Eli Gershkovitch. He remains true to his motto, ‘You grow to meet demand or demand will shrink to meet you.’ Eli’s work revolves around two strategies. The first is beating the competition against Steamworks by setting low prices and maximize the output. The second involves creating a market by setting up pubs and restaurants where its product is served.
Eli Gershkovitch’s bold and adventurous nature is reflected in the Steamworks brews. The brews remain unique and bolster Eli’s tag of a craft beer champion.